The mission of CyberIR@MIT is to reduce barriers to our understanding of how cyberspace affects international relations and how international relations affect cyberspace.
The specific objectives are three-fold:
1. Conceptual & Scientific:
- Develop a quality-controlled knowledge base
- Capture diverse methods, perspectives, and approaches
- Facilitate access to cutting edge research
2. Participation & Communication:
- Support integrated perspectives on ”virtual” and “real” dynamics
- Enable distribution of knowledge contributions
- Enhance knowledge-sharing with diverse options for search & retrieval
3. Policy & Decision:
- Enhance analytical and computational methods for decision-making
- Explore policy alternatives for security & “virtual” and “real” international stability
- Identify trade-offs, choices, and opportunity costs.